In an ordinary bathroom, the toilet bowl alone contains 3.2 million bacteria. With bad habits, we can spread all those germs everywhere even without realizing what we’re doing. As a result, we might have skin with acne or an upset stomach.
We got curious about which mistakes we make every day in our bathroom and how we can escape them.
1. Shaving your bikini area
It is natural to have hair in our bikini area. First of all, they contain pheromones that attract the opposite gender. Second, they protect you from foreign bacteria.
Also, when we shave there, we can damage the skin a lot.
What we need to do:
- If you like your body to be totally clean down there, use special women’s shaving equipment, like a woman’s razor and shaving cream for intimate hygiene. Soap is not the most suitable solution, since the skin is very sensitive.
- There are better ways of getting rid hair down there like waxing, for example. If you’re interested in alternative methods like waxing, don’t do it by yourself go to a specialist instead.
2. Using a loofah
Using a loofah is only good when it’s new. It scrubs your dead skin cells off, which get into the sponge and stay there. Normally when you are done with washing and scrubbing, you leave the loofah in the bathroom. This is the perfect moment for bacteria to cultivate.
Each time you leave your loofah after washing, bacteria continues to grow. So when you use it the next time, the dirt gets back on your body.
What you need to do:
- Replace it more often.
- Let it dry and don’t leave it in the bathroom.
- Use reusable items, like washcloths.
- Don’t use a loofah, but exfoliate your skin twice a week.
3. Missing some spots when washing your body in the shower
Your body is protected from bacteria and acne only when it is clean. And it should be totally clean. The area we most often skip washing in the shower is the back, the scalp, the bottom of your feet, and behind your ears.
What you need to do:
Get special brushes for these parts that will remind you that you can’t skip washing them.