3. Any sort of earrings can be put into a new puncture.
In fact, most of the products from jewelry stores are not good for newly pierced skin.
- They often have outer threads that collect a lot of dirt. This may lead to an infection.
- Specialized jewelry for piercing is polished much better and the thread is inside. Such earrings are hard to put on but the hole will heal much faster. Besides, you can choose the optimal length, taking swelling (that often appears after piercing) into account.
4. Earrings have to be moved quite often.
This is one of the worst pieces of advice you can give to someone who decided to get a piercing.
- Turning the earring regularly only makes the wound worse and it might take longer to heal. This is why experienced piercing experts don’t recommend using rings in noses right away: they’re more mobile than other types of jewelry.
- If you take good care of a fresh hole, you don’t need to do anything else to keep it healthy.