We tend to think that we know our own bodies perfectly. We know how they work and what kinds of changes and processes are occurring in them every second of the day. But in fact, the human body is one seriously complex and mysterious mechanism that sometimes confuses even the most qualified specialists — doctors and scientists.
We found 21 stunningly interesting facts about our body that deeply impressed us. Did you know about all these?
1. A tongue print is absolutely unique; remember this when showing it to somebody!
2. A single hair can hold the weight of a hanging apple. However, scientists don’t specify the dimensions of the apple.
3. The number of bacteria in a person’s mouth is equal to the number of people living on Earth, or even more.
4. Nails that are soft and brittle, with no moon, could indicate an overactive thyroid.
5. The speed of an incoming brain impulse is about 400 km/h.