This recipe is extremely flavorful but I needed to make a few tweaks. I halved the recipe (as I was just making 3 pork chops) except for the spice in the breading mix, I used exactly the identical quantity of spices that the recipe called for above. Second, the chops needed cooked in a higher temp and for more to be cooked the entire way thru– probably because I have a smaller machine. I cooked my chops for 15 minutes at 400 and they turned out perfect!
Complete: 30 min
Active: 10 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cornflakes, finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Four 6-ounce center-cut boneless pork chops (1 inch thick), trimmed of excess fat
- Establish a breading station with 3 pie plates or small baking dishes. Add the flour to one. Whisk together the eggs with the Dijon mustard, 2 tsp water and 1/2 tsp salt at the second. Blend the cornflakes with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, 1/2 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper at the last.
- Preheat a 3.5-quart atmosphere fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge one at a time, first in the flour, shaking of surplus, then in the egg, letting excess drip off, followed by the cornflake mixture. Transfer to a large platter. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Working in 2 batches, add the chops to the fryer basket and cook until cooked through, about 10 minutes.