This is yummy. This was really simple and fast. My family loved it and wanted moments. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Made a couple of minor alterations. Added garlic and garlic powder into breading. Brushed chops with oil then dredged in breading. Had plenty of breading left , though I piled it . Flavor was yummy, and they were crispy on outside and juicy inside, though I cooked a bit too long. Easy, flavorful recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 3/4-inch bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Lemon wedges, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Blend the panko, oil, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and 3/4 tsp each pepper and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Place the pork chops into a large bowl and toss to coat with 1 tbsp water. Put the pork chops from the bag and shake well to coat, pressing on the breadcrumb mixture firmly to the meat.
- Put the pork chops on a wire rack set on a baking sheet and top equally with almost any breadcrumbs staying from the bag.
- Bake until the breadcrumbs are dark gold and the inner temperature of these chops registers 145 degrees F in an instant-read thermometer (stop touching bone), 15 to 20 minutes.