- 1 can (1 ½ cup) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted
- ½ small lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 2-4 handfuls of spinach
- Optional: pure liquid Stevia, spirulina, turmeric + pinch of black pepper
Spring is the best time of the year for a detox cleanse. This Piña Colada Smoothie will help your body to eliminate toxins more efficiently. Great to clear up your skin, kick-start your fat-burning metabolism and boost your energy levels. The smoothie has full-fat coconut milk, avocado, a few chunks of frozen pineapple, spinach, a spritz of fresh lime juice and a spoonful of MCT coconut oil to keep you satisfied longer.
You can have it for breakfast, as a snack or a post-workout recovery shake with a scoop of your favorite protein powder. For a lower carb version, you could replace the pineapple and lime juice with frozen berries. I’ve also tried it with frozen zucchini and a few drops of stevia instead of fruit. My advice: only try this version if you’re a die-hard fan of greens 🙂
Want to try a gentle 7-day detox cleanse to have more energy or lose a few holiday pounds?
This Start to Vegan eBook has 38 easy recipes and 4 simple meal plans to get you started right away! Click HERE to reclaim your energy today.
And guess what…
we’re also having a special spring detox flash sale on all five of our ALL GOOD granola flavors until the end of April!
They’re raw vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and packed with vitamins. The base is crunchy sprouted buckwheat, a superfood seed that is high in fiber, protein and magnesium. Great to build strong muscles, improve your digestion and protect your body from free radicals. Hello flat belly and vibrant skin!
My favorites to put on top of this smoothie are our Vanilla Coconut Granola – I’m a sucker for coconut 🙂 – and our Power Breakfast Muesli Granola with pumpkin seeds, mulberries and more goodness.
Want to give them a try? You can find all of our granolas (including two chocolate flavors!) right HERE.
Have a lovely week ahead!
Piña Colada Smoothie
- Blend all the ingredients into a creamy green smoothie. Add water to thin, depending on how thick you like it. If you wish, add a few drops of stevia to sweeten.
- I also like to add turmeric and spirulina to boost the nutrient content. You can read more about their health benefits down below.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS:
- Turmeric, also called ‘yellow gold’, is extracted from the root of the Curcuma longa, a plant that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda for thousands of years thanks to its exceptional healing power. Western scientists have now recognized turmeric as a potent natural anti-inflammatory too. They have found that the active components in turmeric become up to 200% more effective if you combine it with black pepper and some kind of healthy fat like the coconut oil in this recipe.
- Spirulina is a type of blue-green freshwater algae that is rich in protein, minerals and B vitamins. It’s also packed with chlorophyll, a powerful natural detoxifier. It will help to flush out heavy metals and other toxins from your body. Great to boost your energy levels and fat-burning metabolism!
Now I would love to hear from you!
What’s your favorite start of the day? Have you ever tried a green smoothie?
What are some of the benefits you’ve experienced: more energy, glowing skin, a flatter belly…?
Do you like to have your smoothie in a bowl with crunchy toppings too?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below.