Chest congestion is a condition which if not taken proper care can trouble you. Well, don’t panic anymore and learn about what does chest congestion feel like as we have a handful of useful remedies that you can practice right at your home.
What is Chest congestion?
Chest congestion and cough occur when one’s lungs and respiratory tract gets clogged with mucus that traps the unwanted dust, bacteria, and allergens. The minute hairs known as cilia transport the mucus in the direction of the throat from where it could be coughed out.
But at times, these particles irritate our membranes and results in inflammation and produces extra mucus. It causes an issue in breathing, introduces a deep pin penetrating pain in the chest, mainly while taking a deep breath. Also, it induces a heavy feeling over the chest.
What are chest congestion causes?
- It causes because of chronic sinusitis
- Allergies, asthma, and cold often cause this issue
- Bacterial or viral infection, sensitive nose membranes
What are the chest congestion symptoms?
- Burning, heaviness or tightness in the chest along with a feeling of pressure in the chest
- Dizziness or weakness
- Shortness of breath or a cold sweat
- Severe pain in the chest, back, neck, jaw, and hands
- Coughing, vomiting, and nausea
How to get rid of chest congestion problem?
1. How to get rid of chest congestion with foods?
Are you thinking how to get rid of chest congestion with foods all the time? It is a very useful and beneficial way through which you can treat the congestion from within.
How to use?
- Cut one onion and extract its juice
- add one teaspoon of honey
- Also, add one teaspoon water and half teaspoon honey into it
- Mix it all correctly and heat it for a while
- Consume it three times a day
Onion contains Quercetin which exterminates mucus and also avoids further build-up of it. Onion also has anti-microbial properties, which prevent infections. It tastes bitter if consumed at the concentrated level hence dilute it.
Onions have excellent anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve the chest from congestion. It also acts on the pain caused due to blockage. It is also beneficial for baby chest congestion and chest congestion during pregnancy.
Foods to eat
Eat fibrous foods and aromatic spices like-
Foods to avoid
Avoid junk foods and oily food as they aggravate the condition and enhances the infection.