I enjoyed this, and it is an awesome base recipe. I meant to add molasses to the sauce but forgot. I was going to make cornbread to go with it, but realized I didn’t have any eggs, and rice just didn’t seem appealing. I did serve this with asparagus. Very tasty. I’m thinking about putting the chops on a bed of rosemary next time. You can now cook pork to 145 °F. I recommend using a solid digital meat thermometer to check your temperatures and make sure they are cooked correctly. I personally use a Thermapen which is excellent because it gives you a reading right away without losing too much heat from the oven/bbq/etc.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 339
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 pork chops
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Stir together the soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, ketchup and brown sugar . Adjust this mixture to taste, some people like more ketchup along with the brown sugar. Once you have adjusted it to taste, move on to the next step.
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a baking pan, cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet of your choice. Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 °F.
- Remove and serve. The sauce is excellent on rice!