Super easy to make. Love the crumb bottom, which I used my food processor to make quick work of it. I may use a few drops of green food coloring next time to obtain a more visual green to the dessert.
Pastry chefs in fancy restaurants across the country love crumbling baked cookies into their pie crusts. While these yummy squares are more family friendly than fancy, our version of the crumbled-cookie crust is just as delish!
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 container (16 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 5 to 6 large limes (3/4 cup lime juice and 2 tablespoons grated peel)
- 2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original yogurt Key lime pie
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices; place slices on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely, then break cookies into gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag, and finely crush cookies with rolling pin.
- Pour finely crushed cookies into large bowl; stir in 1 cup of the thawed whipped topping. Press mixture into ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix condensed milk and lime juice; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until thick and smooth.
- Fold remaining whipped topping and yogurt into milk mixture. Spoon onto cookie crust. Top with grated lime peel. Cover and refrigerate about 8 hours or until completely set. Cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.