Is it your first time hosting a vegan Christmas dinner and are you looking for inspiration? This vegan holiday menu will show you that plant-based cooking doesn’t need to be hard or time-consuming at all! All of the recipes can be prepared in advance so you can enjoy the company of your guests instead of spending the entire night in the kitchen!
• Welcome your guests with small appetizers. A few ideas: tamari roasted nuts, crudités or flax crackers with hummus, or these vegan pizza bites with cashew cheese.
• Vegetable soup makes an excellent starter. It’s packed with vitamins and minerals, and you can use any seasonal veg you have on hand. Two of my holiday favorites include this roasted red pepper soup and this pumpkin soup with crunchy chickpeas instead of croutons – a recipe you can find in my first book Vegan & Raw.
• If you like to keep it traditional, serve this quinoa risotto with mushrooms, celeriac and sweet peas from my second book Vegan & Raw 2 – a real crowd-pleaser!
• Do you like to fill the table with several dishes to share so people can choose for themselves? Make a big hot buffet with roasted Brussels sprouts, creamy polenta, grilled vegetable skewers with Mexican quinoa, oven-baked sweet potato with lentil ratatouille (from Vegan & Raw 2)… Garnish with pomegranate seeds to make them extra festive!
• I always add a big green salad as well, to balance out all the rich nut cheeses and desserts. One of my favorite salads is a mix of greens and sprouts with avocado and sweet peas, seasoned with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Super simple and refreshing!
• For dessert, nothing beats a delicious slice of homemade pie like our ALL GOOD Christmas Cheesecake. It’s raw vegan, gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened. The perfect ending to a festive meal!
Which one would you choose: Blackberry Vanilla Cheesecake with white chocolate or Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake with dark chocolate? You can order your ALL GOOD Christmas Cheesecake until December 20th by sending an email at email@example.com. For 8 to 12 people (€49 private delivery not included).
Cheesecake orders will be available for pick-up on Saturday December 23rd and Sunday December 24th before 4PM at Moor&Moor in Ghent or at deli Mylle in Kortrijk. They can also be delivered to your doorstep on Sunday December 24th before 6PM if you live in the neighborhood of Ghent, Antwerp, Bruges & Hasselt (on request) (€9 delivery cost). For more info, click here.
For those of you who don’t live in Belgium and would like to try the cheesecake at home, you can find the recipe for our berry cheesecake with vanilla cookie dough crust in my first book Vegan & Raw.